Cyclone is run entirely by volunteers. We aim to make sure you have a great time: we’ll organise rides and social events. Where we can, we’ll give a choice of pace and challenge.
In return, there are a few rules we need you to follow. This is important because mountain biking is inherently risky, you have responsibility for looking after the safety of yourself and those around you:
- Always wear a helmet – no helmet, no ride. You are also advised to wear gloves and glasses.
- It is your responsibility to ensure that you are fit and healthy for a ride. If in doubt check with your doctor.
- Ride Navigators are there solely to find the route. It is your responsibility to decide what you ride. If you’re not confident to ride an obstacle, get off and walk – no one will give you a hard time.
- Give way to walkers, dogs and especially horses. Call out a warning to riders following and if necessary stop.
- If you’re not happy with the pace or terrain, say so and we can make adjustments. We want everyone to enjoy their ride.
- Don’t ride trails and paths closed to bikes.
- Turn up on time with a working bike. It is your responsibility to ensure that your bike is suitable and in good working order.
- You can have up to 3 rides for free to see if you like us. After that, and before you do any away rides, you need to join.
- On road sections, ride safely and follow the highway code.
- At night and in poor light, you must have suitable lights.
- All members must be over 18.
- Treat others with respect, whether in person or online.